To download the project files referred to in this video visit:
Accurate and verified S-parameters are mandatory for obtaining reliable device models.
After a quick recap of the network analyzer basics, this video presents a step-by-step guideline
to master S-parameter measurements, and to get accurate and verified data right the first time.
- measurement of the DC bias contact resistance
- evaluation of the right RF signal power to not overdrive the transistor
- S-parameter calibration and verification
- verification of the de-embedding dummy structures
- identification of self-heating problems during S-parameter measurements
- examples of accurate S-parameter measurements
The IC-CAP project can be downloaded together with a detailed pdf explaining the steps demonstrated in the video at http://www.keysight.com/find/eesof-how-to-verify-s-parameters